Really good game! Great soundtrack and physics. Pitty that there is not more levels and multiplayer :/ Maybe in the future.
Mined If I Break
A downloadable game for Windows
A minecart racing game without steering where you control your speed helped by a magnetic grappling hook. The goal is to reach the finish line as fast as possible while keeping most of your gold.
Your magnetic grappling hook will help you to slow down your minecart and prevent your gold to fall. You can use it on signboard and other metallic surfaces.
- Left click to launch hook on signpost and hold to stay hooked and slow your cart. If you stay hooked and are too far from the signpost, the rope will break and you will have to wait for a few seconds to fire it, so you need to release soon enough! Rope is going from green to red to feedback the rope length.
- Escape to restart
- Alt+F4 to quit the game (sorry about that ><)
- Broken gold system making the game harder than intended and score not consistent
- End game (when the camera stops following the cart) : Leaderboard and score (time and gold related) are not displayed
- Sound glitch at the beginning if going too slow
- Some signs are missing, some are misplaced
- Fullscreen on some hardware can make the game slower, try launching it in windowed
We are hard at work to improve the game and to make it better, we'll submit new versions after the jam !
If you are running on a computer with a really high maximum resolution, the game can be slow/glitchy in fullscreen. Try running it in windowed mode.
Sorry about that ><
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If we had more time and resources we would ^^ But who knows :p
Thanks for the kind words anyway !
really fun ! I like the idea of the game!
Thank you so much for your kind words and your review! (Even if I didn't understand it ^^)
Nice minecart. Mined if I break it?
Thank you for the review ! I'm glad you enjoyed it :p I hope you'll play our next versions when everything (hopefully...) will be fixed ;)
SO MUCH FUN
Hey! Thanks a lot for playing our game, taking the time to make a video and post a comment!
Sorry about the game difficulty, it's a bug that we'll fix in the next days!
The whole team is really proud of the game and we think that it has some potential so, yeah, I think we'll continue to work on it in our spare time. I must say that all the kind words we're getting are boosting us and we may end up expanding it :o
Thank you really much for that review !!!
As my teammate said, we are already working on improving the game and will submit new versions after the jam is over :)
A lot faster and more hectic than I thought it'd be, but damn is it fun!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our little game!!!
Obviously as you imagine, 48h is too short to make everything we wanted to add ^^ That's why the gold system is a little broken right now :p
But we intend to polish it, add some new mechanics and upload new versions after the jam is over. Hopefully you'll be able to review it and enjoy it even more !!!
Yes, as Maxi said: thanks a lot for your feedback and your video. And sorry for the game being harder than intended, we are fixing that XD
Seems really fun but it's way too laggy for me
Did you launch it fullscreen ? If so did you tried windowed ? I asked this because one of our crew as some kind of problem as well ^^
Yeah, I don't know why, Unity force the game to use the biggest resolution your screen can support. For me, on my surface book, it plays the game in a whooping 3000*2000 resolution, making it a bit laggy as you could imagine :D
I hope we'll find a way to fix this :o